Monday, March 24, 2008

Dark Eden Press Closing

First, the letter from the Publisher:

Dear Readers and Friends,

It is with a heavy heart I must announce the closing of Dark Eden Press.

I don't often share personal information, but sometimes life comes at you and you have to deal with it, and this is one of those times for me.

I found out recently, very recently, that my cancer has returned. This is my 6th time around with this in a little over 10 years. It started as cervical cancer 10 years ago and each time has gotten worse and spread to other places. I will be starting chemotherapy and radiation treatments shortly and, as I have been through these same treatments twice already, I can honestly say it isn't pretty.

After discussing the issues and options with the DEP staff, it was decided to close Dark Eden as of April 1st. I must devote my energies and my time to getting better, and most of all, to my daughter.

All books will remain available through March 31st, so be sure to get the ones you've been thinking about buying. The authors will receive their rightful royalties for all sales, so your purchases will be appreciated.

If I haven't said it lately, it is, and has been, a pleasure getting to know our readers. I'm sure you'll find your favorite authors at new homes in the near future. I know they would value your support as they transition to new publishing houses.

Debra Durham
President

Second, our take on things:

It is a very sad day. We love Deb. We adore Deb. We want Deb WELL. And when that day comes, and she chooses to return to publishing, she'll have the two of us fighting to be the first ones published.

Time to kick some cancer ass, Deb! Now, where did that healing potion get off to? Did my mother steal it again??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Debra

I was very sorry to read your blog saying that your cancer had returned. I help a UK registered cervical cancer charity that operate a support forum and medical panel at www.jotrust.co.uk. We have a lot of members from the USA and you would be very welcome to join. I hope that your treatment goes well and you make a speedy recovery.

Best wishes - Jo's Trust

Anonymous said...

I just learned of your announcement and came to express my sincere sympathies and hopes for full and quick recovery from your latest bout with cancer.

I recently lost my father to complications with leukemia, so I do know how hard it must be for you as well as family members concerned for your welfare.

Please know that you and your loved ones in my prayers. God bless.

Brandi Loyd
Cobblestone Press Managing Editor