Wednesday, May 14, 2008

He-man alert!

Some times you have to ask yourself, what’s going on with this world. that time happened to me Monday. This past week I’ve done everything from seeing my only child graduate from high school—thank you, I am very proud—to going to the doctor, which I hate. It was nothing serious sinus infection in case you were worried. All those things were topped when I got a call from my brother.

Let me back this up a bit. The entire brood, all four of us grew up reading. Out of four boys, I was the only one bitten by the Romance Bug. Until now. Yes my brother Bo has become an over night romance junkie. And who is the cause of this cosmic upheaval to the he-man universe. None other than the Kenyon. She has once again turned a normal estrogenephobic male into a slathering addict.

How did this happen? Well let me tell the story. Pull up a virtual chair and let me spin the tale for you.

It was a bright spring day. All was right in the world. Baseball season was finally lining itself out. The football draft had seen another successful completion. The fish were biting. Etc. Etc. Etc. a man walks into Wal-mart for a quart of oil and decides to check out the book racks for a new western to while away his hours. And what does he see but a book with the same title as one of his favorite video games. He picks up the copy of Devil May Cry looking forward to a night of truck maintenance and some video game related reading. The truck seen too, he retires to bed with a Bud lite in his hand and a pack of Marlboro Reds. He flips open the book and starts reading. He is shocked to find no video game tie-in but a story about pseudo vampires fighting the forces of evil. He says to himself, this ain’t too bad. Then comes the hot steamy sex! Needless to say, he goes back to Wally World the next day to find another book by his new favorite author. Yep, hooked!

And how did I find all this out? He called me of course. Being the big brother, I know all. So, he grills me for the next fifteen minutes on everything Dark Hunter. By the end of our little conversation, he has a list of books to buy and places he can pick them up. Ain’t romance grand? Now the world has another he-man romance reader, who is probably sending my sister-in-law to pick up the books for him, so he doesn’t get caught in the romance section of the Barnes and Nobel by some other he-man in search of the new Field and Stream.

I come now to the end of my story. Is there a moral to this tale? Yep, never underestimate the power of Kenyon.

4 comments:

lynneconnolly said...

He's only just begun....
There be shelves and shelves of books just waiting, lurking, watching.

lynneconnolly said...

He's only just begun....
There be shelves and shelves of books just waiting, lurking, watching.

Jenna Leigh said...

Yesssss.. another has joined the Dark Hunter side. MUAHAHAHAHAHHA! Seriously, I know he's going to blame this on the sad lack of finger sandwiches, you wait and see.

Anonymous said...

Oh that is too funny! Kenyon has a way of hooking a reader, doesn't she?