Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Invader Jenn from Down on De Bayou

Hi there, I'm Jenna Leigh and I've taken over Morgan Diaries!! Break out the silly string and toilet paper and let's party!! Not really, I was given permission to come aboard for the evening by the M-Twins, so all is well. All is well!

The Morgan Duo been reviewing and interviewing some great folks, so I'm really honored to be in such great company. They asked me to tell you a little about myself, so here it goes.

I write paranormal, fantasy, scifi, and contemporary romance. Why? Because I like to read those genres best. But, I'm basically an any book in a storm type of girl and have found some of my favorite authors that way. Long Live The King~Stephen Rules!!

The Wolf's Heart from Samhain, my story High Chairs and High Stakes in the antho-Spellfire Moons and Tigre Moon in the antho-Alien Seduction both from Midnight Showcase could all be considered if not erotic romance, then very close to it. While Braless in the Buick, my contemporary romance, while steamy is not as erotic, though you couldn't tell from all the aggravating I took about it at my Sucky Day Job (yes, all caps are needed there)

My latest story The Last Legacy is a fantasy romance. This means that I built a whole new world for my characters to play in with wyverns, who are very different from dragons, thanks. There's also wizards, sidhes, gods, goddesses, sylvans, smurfs, (grins) and of course, a fair damsel who may or may not be in need of rescue. And don't forget the talking cat.
Here's an excerpt from the madness that poor JMorgan has to live with continually. Clicking on the book cover will take you to Champagne Books.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Lilly Tremaine only thinks she wants to live in a fantasy world. Meeting Faelen McKenna might change her mind. He is a wyvern and a very special one, able to change into a man, if only at night. The guardian of her family for almost a thousand years, he’s here to protect her. When they finally meet face to face, sparks fly. Unfortunately, they are flying from Lilly’s eyes because he has to be the most exasperating man she’s ever met.
When he whisks her off to the magical realm of Aetherea, she is amazed at the denizens of this new land. Gods, elves, fairies, muses, dragons and queens are all living in a parallel universe that exists alongside reality. However, danger looms on the horizon, because someone is trying to keep Faelen and Lilly apart. They fight the forces of evil to achieve what every fairy tale must have, a happy ending.

EXCERPT
He grinned mischievously at her and began to speak in a monotone. “You’re traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind, a journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That’s the signpost up ahead: Your next stop: The Twilight Zone.” And because they were where they were, the theme song began to play on the radio.

“Make that stop!” She put her hands over her ears and closed her eyes. What if she turned her head and that banshee thing was looking in her window? She would die on the spot. She hated that movie, hated that part of the movie even more so. It still had the power to give her chills. Lilly would imagine the hag sitting on a tree branch outside her window only waiting for her to look at her before she ripped out her heart. She opened one eye and looked around, it all looked normal, but that’s exactly when they fooled you.

“Lilly, calm down. This isn’t the Twilight Zone. It’s only another place, slightly to left of the center of the universe. My kind isn’t normal, so we don’t have a normal pub out where just anyone can find it. This is the land of magic, the fairy, if you will. One owns the pub, in fact. Come on.” He got out and hurried around to open her door.

She sat with her fists clenched tightly in her lap. When he opened the door and the light came on, she gave another squeak and cringed. “Don’t be the banshee lady.”

“Lilly! I’m not the banshee lady. She owns the music store down the street. She’s very nice.”
Despite his reasonable tone, she refused to leave the safety of the car. Instead, she curled up a little further in the seat. He squatted down beside her and put his hand on hers, giving it a tug. “Come on.”

“No, you go on ahead, I’ll be fine right here, honest.” She closed her eyes again.

“I will protect you, I promise.” He sounded sincere, plus, she hadn’t heard any banshees howling yet.

She cracked one eye open. “Swear?”

“Yes.” He raised his right hand and gave her a solemn look.

She stared back just as solemnly then, with a decisive nod let him help her out of the car. Her legs were shaky, but the warmth of his hand on her arm was reassuring. Lilly smoothed her dress, then her hair.

“Stop fidgeting, you look fine.” He put his arm around her waist as he led her to the door of the pub. Soon they stood before an ancient round door studded with square-headed nails. It looked like the entrance to a dungeon, or hell. Either way, she was sure whatever lay behind it would terrify her. Banshees? There were actually banshees? This sucked rocks.

Faelen knocked, and a small panel about midway on the door opened. “Who is it?” someone hissed.

“Who the hell do you think?” Faelen leaned down and glared at the person behind the door. “Let me in, dammit. It’s cold.”

“Bloody hell, you again?” The panel slid closed and Lilly sighed in relief. Good, they couldn’t go in; she was fine with that, really. Then came a sound designed to fill a person with dread, a sound to chill the bones, and still the beating of a person’s heart. It was the creaking of the door opening to let them in.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Jenna

5 comments:

Jennifer Skully/Jasmine Haynes said...

Great excerpt, Jenna! The book sounds very fun.

And I hope the sucky day job isn't too sucky.

Jasmine Haynes
The Fortune Hunter, Nov 6th
http://www.skullybuzz.com

Jenna Leigh said...

Thanks, Jasmine! It wasn't really, for a Monday! LOL.

Morgan2x said...

I love this book as much as I do the author. But! If I don't see some more Hugh soon, I shall go insane!

Where oh where did my little Hugh go?

Jmorgan

Jenna Leigh said...

I'm workin' on it! Nag nag nag!

Morgan O'Reilly said...

Please forgive me for checking out for a couple days. Made a few hits on local bookstores and was catching up on a series I'd over looked before. I still have a huge bag from the used bookstore sitting by my chair I may need to hide until I get some work done!

So glad to have you join us, Ms. Jenna!