Thursday, March 13, 2008

Guest Blogger Savannah Chase

I want to say thank you to the hosts for inviting me to be here today. Thank you for this wonderful opportunity.

The Morgans asked me to tell you how it feels to be a first time published author. What is it like in the first month of being published?

Where do I start? It feels crazy and insane. Yes, it does. After you sell your book you put in so much into working: editing and getting it all up to par. Then you wait for the release. For me, I was counting days. I could not wait for the day to get here. I marked my calendar and crossed out the days as they went by.

While you wait you are nervous as can be. All these thoughts go through your head. Will people like it? Will people even want to read it?

All one can do is wait and find out. No going back.

So the day arrives when your book is out and available for the world to read. Oh that is one of the best days you can have. For me it was going back to work and getting the word out. I started to promote my book Bid For Love long before it came out. I wanted people to know who I was and find out about my writing. I wanted to tease readers with what was to come. Give them a sneak peak.

Some days I'm promoting my book at two or three different author events. Doing what you have to so readers can find out that you exist. It takes time for people to remember your name. In the writing industry there are many authors out there and they are also doing promotion to get the word out about who they are and telling the world about the books they have written.

When my book came out, that day the cover was also nominated for book cover of the month. That was more then I could ask for. It was an honor to me. I was continuing to work hard with promotion and sending my book out to different places for reviews. Sometimes you wait weeks before you hear back from a review site so you try to get your book out as soon as possible.

During all that I was also working on other new books so that I could finish them up, make them shine and get them out to publishers for consideration.

The best part had to be the reader reviews I started to get from people who had purchased my work and taken the time to read it. It made all the hard work that much more amazing. It made me want to write faster and write so much more.

By the end of the first month my book had won book cover of the month for which it had been nominated for and the book was sitting on the Contemporary/Erotica Bestseller list at number 6. It has been an experience I will never forget and I truly hope that every single book I release is that amazing.

Here is a little about my book Bid For Love

Nico's latest disaster only proves that when gamble your heart on a man, you might as well get ready to lose. Then why does she find herself ready to take a chance on the sexy construction worker? When her chance for love comes up on the auction block, can she bring herself to make one last bid for happiness and just maybe true love?

Title - Bid for Love

Author - Savannah Chase
Release Date - February 01, 2008
Category - Erotica
Genre - Contemporary
Heat Level - Carnal
Word Count - 17,500

http://www.darkedenpress.com/book_savannah-chase-bid-for-love.html
Love Is More Dangerous Than Revenge coming July 15,2008 Dark Eden Press
Special Delivery coming September 15, 2008 Dark Eden Press
www.savannahchase.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/savannahchase/

8 comments:

P. Robinson said...

I relate to everyone of those feelings Savannah. I wish you well during your writing career. I can't wait for your next book to be released!

Kissa Starling

Barb said...

Great post Savannah! Loved Bid For Love and can't wait for your next release.

Morgan2x said...

The funny thing is that same feeling you get from your first book stays with you on every book you get published. With Bid for Love under your belt, all I can say is I can't wait to see what you wow us with next.

Jmo

Savannah Chase said...

Kissa, thank you for all the support that you always show me. It truly means so much to me. You are one amazing author as well.

Barb, you are the best, you are always showing me love. Showing my work love. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I can't wait till the next book comes out as well. July will be here soon...

Savannah Chase said...

JMo, I hope the feeling stays forever. Thank you for everything you have showed me. Your support and encouragement has been truly wonderful. You never hesitate to teach me and guide me the right way. I thank you for it.

Tess MacKall said...

WTG girl....you deserve every success. and your book is fantastic!
Can't wait to see more from you..

Morgan O'Reilly said...

So glad you joined us, Savannah! Bid for Love is a wonderful read and I just know you have more coming. Thanks for bloggin!

Jennifer McKenzie said...

The funny thing is that it doesn't change with the next ones. That feeling of anticipation is so awesome!
It keeps the writing going for me.